Hi Stampers, my share today is created with the Best Birds from Stampin Up for Mojo Monday and the Colour Q challenge for this week:
I have had this stamp set for a couple of weeks now and it’s been absolutely killing me not to play with it but – I told myself I had to finish this months class first….That information is below – finished up yesterday so today was play time.
My layout is for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for this week – check them out there are some awesome samples posted already
And this week’s Colour Q Challenge also spoke to me, and I cheated, I added Soft Suede – but brown is allowed, haha….
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Today I have a few pictures to illustrate the steps I took to create this card – so a little mini tutorial for you.
- I started with a piece of watercolour paper 3 x 7-1/2 – Stamped all my images in StazOn Black and coloured them with my ink pad lids and my aqua painter.
- For the Bird: I did the whole bird in Pool Party. Next I added Soft Suede, then more pool party. When he was dry I added little so saffron and when it was dry again, I put little bits of Gold Wink of Stella around his eyes and under his wing.
- For the card front layers, I used a small amount of adhesive to layer then where I wanted them and then used the layering Circle Framelits to cut the holes in them all. Once that was done, I embossed them with the Woodgrain and Petal Burst Embossing folders before layering them all onto the card front.
- The card base is Whisper White and I used a pencil to mark where the circles would show, so I could stamp the “crosshatch” or grid stamp in the background before attaching all the layers.
- Next I used Dimensionals and glue dots to add all the art pieces that I cut out with the coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits.
You can order the stamp set and Thinlits separately, but if you use the Bundle #142315 you will save 10% – displayed on page 53 of the annual catalog.
Card recipe and product list are at the end of this post for you.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Best Birds from Stampin Up for Mojo Monday card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
add the July Host Code to your order to earn a free gift – Details here:
AND – for every $60. you spend in July – receive a $6.00 Coupon to spend in August – details here:
Do you live in Canada? and need a Stampin Up Demonstrator? – then sign up for my Customer Newsletter. You will find it over on the right side of my blog. Once a week I’ll send it out with all the latest updates – customer specials – AND a Newsletter exclusive PDF Download of a fun stamping project:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want over 2,ooo card ideas for the New Stampin Up Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
and over at Stamping and Blogging today: Class #43 has been loaded
The July Class is fully loaded – say hello to Floral Phrases….
- 5 new projects – plus 2 bonus projects.
- 5 new videos
- 7 PDF Files
- 4 new cards, a new chocolate box, and a new Ombre Sponge and Spritz Technique for you to try (and 3 samples of colours I used).
How can you get your hands on this class?
- Place a $50. or higher order through my online store (Canadian orders on please) and I’ll send you the class as a thank you for being a customer.
- Join my Happy Stamping Team – My team gets free access to Stamping and Blogging and we would love to have you join us.
- Sign in/Sign up as a member of Stamping and Blogging and you will have access to ALL 43 Classes (and over 500 videos) for one low monthly fee.
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 – Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4, Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Overlay: Blushing Bride 3-1/4 x 4
- Art Pieces: Watercolour paper 3 x 7-1/2
- Sentiment: Pool party 1/2 x 4, Soft Suede 1 x 4 – trim to fit