Hi Stampers, my share today is the Dragonfly Dreams Birthday Card.
When I first saw the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle I was very intrigued. I have a great fondness for dragonflies. We have huge ones in our yard all summer (they eat Mosquitoes – so we love them) haha.. They often attach themselves to my begonias for their sleeps, which gives me the opportunity to sneak up on them with my macro lens and capture their beauty.
Their beautiful iridescent wings caught in the morning sun are spectacular.
The Dragonfly Dreams Bundle is pretty spectacular too. You will find it on page 26 of the New Occasions Catalogue. The stamp set consists of a “two step” stamping style with a dragonfly, a butterfly, a dotted background stamp and four sentiments in a playful font.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Dragonfly Dreams Birthday Card:
- I inked the dragonfly in Archival Black ink and stamped around the outside of the Bermuda bay card base to create some “background noise”, as I like to call it, or wallpaper.
- For the art piece, I stamped the dragonfly in the center of the piece of Shimmery White card stock, again in Archival Black Ink.
- I cut a mask out of a post it note to cover the dragonfly and then created splatter with some reinker/water combo in Bermuda Bay and Wild Wasabi.
- When it was dry, I removed the mask and painted the wings with my clear Wink of Stella to give them the iridescent appearance I love to capture in my photos.
- I matted the piece with Wild Wasabi and used Dimensionals to attach it to the card base for added depth.
- The sentiment is White Embossed on a scrap if Basic Black with a little bundle of the Gold Metallic Thread tucked in behind it for some bling.
- A couple of Gold Sequins and a Rhinestone complete the embellishments.
Ordered through me, will also qualify you for my February Online Stamping Class, Dragonfly Dreams and gives you 6 more card ideas created with this bundle.
There are 6 New Videos and 6 New PDF files for this class and the techniques include:
- Sponged Background
- Watercolor wash with over stamping
- Stamp & Stencil
- a quick 10 minute or less card
- Triple Panel Standing Card
- Watercolor Wash & Wink of Stella background.
How you can obtain this class:
- Place a $50. 00 or more product order through me – details here
- Sign in/Sign Up for Stamping and Blogging – details here
- Join my Happy Stampers Team – details here
- Card Base: Bermuda Bay 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Wild wasabi 3-3/8 x 4-5/8
- Art Piece: Shimmery White card stock 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1-2/ x 2-1/2
Click on the image for a larger view and to shop in my online store:
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you live in Canada and would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Dragonfly Dreams Birthday card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would love to be your demonstrator.
- Shop my Online store 24/7
- by phone 306-764-0337
- E-Mail Me or in person
- Earn FREE stamps with Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
- February Host Code 3ET2JW3G – details here
– Place your Canadian Stampin’ Up! orders through my online store 24/7
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the perks and benefits of my Corgi Loyalty Rewards here.
For each $60. in product ordered: choose a FREE Sale-a-bration item from the brochure.
Host a qualifying party (or place your own large order) during Sale-A-Bration and earn $35. more in Stampin Rewards! You can even use your rewards towards your Starter Kit!
- During Sale-a-bration and choose $165.00 for the $135.00 fee
- PLUS, receive two additional stamp sets of your choice (excludes Sale-a-bration sets, host sets and bundles).
- FREE Shipping on the New Demo Kit.
- Start picking your kit here: or check out more details here:
E-mail me at email@example.com – and let’s set up a time to chat.