Hi stamping friends, I have a new share for you today, the Stampin Up Falling Flowers and a Sponging Technique for this month’s Stamping Techniques 101 Challenge.
Ok, it was supposed to be Falling Flowers, but I decided to change it to the Flourish Thinlits and I still show you the Falling Flowers card at the end of the video.
Our Challenge this monthly is “Sponging”. I LOVE any sponging technique but for today I decided to do a double layer sponging incorporating the Bokeh Technique with die cut overlays.
The Bokeh technique is usually done with the Craft White Ink, but for today’s card I did it tone on tone, just to change it up a bit.
I’m pretending it’s spring up here in the frozen north so my colour choices for today are Mint Macaron (soon to retire) and Peekaboo Peach.
Here is a video for you explaining how I combined the two techniques, hope you enjoy it. If you are reading this in an e-mail, CLICK HERE to visit my blog to watch the video, or SUBSCRIBE to my You Tube Channel – then you will get notified every time I load a video.
The Card Recipes and Product List are at the end of the post for you.
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has created for our Sponging Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
- Card Base: Mint Macaron 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front: Shimmery White card stock 3-1/2 x 4-3/4, mat – Basic Black 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Flowers: Peekaboo Peach 2-1/2 x 4
- Leaves: Mint Macaron 2-1/2 x 4-1/4
- Die cut border trim: Basic Black 1-1/4 x 5-1/2
Card Recipe for the Falling Flowers and a Sponging Technique Card:
- Card Base: Basic Black, 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Card Front: Shimmery White card stock 3-1/2 x 4-3/4, mat – Sweet Sugarplum 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Flowers: Shimmery White card stock 3 x 5
- Die Cut Border: Basic Black 1-1/4 x 5-1/2
All of the items I have used on both cards are below. Simply click the image for a larger view or to add them to your shopping bag.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you live in Canada and would like to order the supplies to create the cards I shared today, simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would love to be your demonstrator.
- Shop my Online store 24/7
- by phone 306-764-0337
- E-Mail Me or in person
- Earn FREE stamps with Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
- April Host Code J46GRJ6T – details here
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the perks and benefits of my Corgi Loyalty Rewards here.