Hi Stampers welcome to another Fancy Folds Blog Hop and my share for this month is the Gatefold Shutter Card tutorial.
The Gatefold Shutter card is of course our challenge this month, so I had a little fun with it, and I created a video as well (see below)
I also made 3 different cards using three different sets of Stampin Up Products. The video is based on the Balloon Celebration one but I show you the other two at the end of the video also.
If you are reading this in an e-mail, click the title at the top of this post to go to my blog to view the video – or subscribe to my Stampin with Sandi Youtube Channel and receive a notification whenever I upload a new video:
Cutting Instructions for the Pieces:
- Card Base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 – score @ 2-1/8 and 6-3/8
- Designer paper for card front: 1-3/4 x 5-1/8 (2 pieces)
- If you want to mat it as I did with the Bear Hug Card,
- Mat = 1-7/8 x 5-1/4
- DSP = 1-3/4 x 5-1/8
- Inside Center piece – base color 3 x 5-1/2
- Designer Paper (DSP) 2-3/4 x 5-1/4
- the circle is cut with the #5 from the center circle framelit it measures 2-3/8 across
- Shutter Pieces: – 3-1/2 x 4, (two pieces) – score on the left side at 1/2 inch
- Front Circles for Belly Band
- Basic Black 4 x 4 – cut with the 7th from center circle framelit
- DSP 3-1/2 square – cut with the 6th from center circle framelit
- Belly Band: 1 x 11,
- White for the Balloons – 2-1/2 x 5
- scrap of Basic Black for the sentiment and Whisper White for the inside sentiment.
Ok, now it’s time to hop on over to the next artist in our blog hop and see what they created for the Shutter Card Challenge this month: Click the Next button to visit Monica Gale or if you get lost on the hop, you can click on the names below:
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Monica Gale – UK
Tanja Kolar – Germany
Delphine Lorerlli – France
France Poitras Martin – USA
Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
Here is the one created with the Stampin Up Botanical Blooms & Builders Framelits and I used the “Go Wild” Designer paper on this one.
and this is a Father’s Day card created with the Stampin Up Bear Hugs Stamp Set and coordinating framelits. The designer paper on this one is English Garden.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Gatefold Shutter Card Tutorial, simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
Have you been considering joining Stampin’ Up!? We would love to have you join our team
- JUST ANNOUNCED: – Stampin Up Weekly Specials
- Paper Pumpkin – Subscribe by April 9th to earn an additional free stamp set, April Only!.
- Clearance Rack Sale – add these Stampin Up products to your order at greatly reduced prices
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube
And Over at Stamping and Blogging
I’m currently working on the April Class, I’ll be loading as I finish each project and will announce here when the entire class is finished.
The March Rose Wonder Class is finished, the technique for March was the Floating Reinker Technique and I added a few colors to it, we did one where we also combined the Faux Cloisonne technique, and generally just had a ball with the technique – Always my most favorite Technique to play with!…
For February – Balloon Celebration Online Class. You will want to check out these beautiful, colourful and easy to create cards.
and if flowers are your thing – we have another NEW Class for you:
All THREE Classes are now available in the Video Library, with full color PDF (downloadable) files for back up – along with the other 38 Classes we already have in there – that’s a pretty good deal!…come on over and join in the stamping fun!
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: April – VBV7PG6V – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
NEW – Weekly Deals
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Gatefold Shutter Card: