Hi Stampers, I wanted to share some fun I had yesterday creating this Hearts Come Home Little Red Village Card:
The Hearts Come Home bundle is on page 39 of the Holiday Catalogue and ordering the stamps/dies together will save you 10% on your total order.
The Stamps are available in wood mount #146065 and clear mount #146068 and the dies in the bundle, cut like butter making it super easy to create cards like this with just a few passes through your Big Shot Machine.
Add a little water colouring in your favourite colours to create your special village.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Hearts Come Home Little Red Village Card:
- I cut the two strips of houses/church from watercolor paper
- The larger trees are dies from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Set (page 13 of the holiday catalogue) – also cut from watercolor paper
- The tall white tree in the background on the right is the branch die from the Seasonal Layers Thinlit Set – cut in Whisper White – twice and layered.
- Once they were all cut out, I water coloured them with an aqua painter and Real Red and Old Olive Ink pads. I did two layers of the painting to ensure the colour was nice and deep.
- The background of the art piece is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White. I sponged the sky in Tempting Turquoise. I also added a little sponging in the snow under the village.
- The pond was coloured with my Aqua Painter, and I cut an extra strip of houses/trees to get the two extra trees and the snowman down in the foreground.
- When constructing the layers, I used Dimensionals to pop up the bottom layer just to add a little depth to the picture. The large trees are also added with Dimensionals.
- For the frame: I used my Stampin Trimmer, and a piece of Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2. I placed it in the trimmer and cut a 1/4″ frame.
- Once my art piece was constructed, I attached it to a Thick Whisper White card base, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored and folded at 4-1/4 and then used multi purpose glue to add the frame over it.
- And special thanks to Jill Foster for the inspiration for this card.
Do you need the supplies to create this card? if so, simply click the image to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.
Add the host code to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today
Buy 3 get 1 Free Designer paper Sales – Ends Oct 31 – details here
Earn this stamp set for FREE with a $375.00 order – details here
- be one of 25,000 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,700 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,000 pins
It’s time to get started on your Christmas Cards and what better way then with the Christmas Card Medley 2017 – Online Stamping Class.
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.