Hi Stampers – welcome back – my share today is Mediterranean Moments.
Today’s post is kind of like that commercial “calgon take me away”
We had a huge snow storm – it snowed all day yesterday, 15 cm worth, so I was trying to ignore it and think of a beautiful warm sunny place….out came my Mediterranean Moments Stamp Set and my Aqua painter.
Truthfully, I have had this Mediterranean Moments stamp set for over 2 months, I don’t know what took so long to play with it – but if you enjoy colouring – it’s spot on!
I was daydreaming of walking down a lovely village street in Italy, you know the ones with the brightly coloured doors and all the lovely plants cascading out of their terracotta pots. I thought it would be nice to sit on that little bench and read a book in the sun!….with a glass of wine of course, tee hee.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the image in StazOn Black onto a piece of watercolor paper
- Give the whole thing a light wash of Crumb Cake. the darker brown highlights are a second and third layer of crumb cake.
- I used my black watercolor pencil for the highlights near the top of the picture
- The greenery is done in Old Olive and Wild Wasabi, basically I blotched on old olive and then filled in the white spots with Wild Wasabi – how’s that for technical, haha…
- Bermuda Bay was used for the door, the bench, and the sky at the end of the alley.
- I used Cajun Craze for all the terracotta coloured pieces, and I am loving the warmth of that colour combined with the Bermuda Bay – very Mediterranean!
The stamp set comes in Wood or Clear mount and has 4 lovely images to colour so I know I’ll be coming back to this, maybe tonight as the next storm blows in, ha-ha.
I decided to keep the rest of the card real simple so it didn’t compete with the art piece.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Basic Black 3-3/4 x 5
- Art Piece: Watercolor Paper 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Product List for the Mediterranean Moments Card: click on the images for a larger view and to add to your shopping bag.
Day #4 BLOG CANDY:
Balloon Adventures Online Class
Precut Card Kit for the Online Class
Mailed to you
A copy of this month’s Balloon Adventures Online Stamping Class and a Precut Card Kit for the Class (also my Host Code gift for this month – details here)
Just leave me a comment answering this question – what is your favourite Stampin UP Stamp Set to colour with?
The comments button is at the top of my blog post and looks like this, so if you are reading this in an e-mail, just click the heading, it will take you to my blog to enter.
Don’t forget to leave comments on the last 3 days of blog candy too…..All winners will be announced on March 11.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you live in Canada and would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Mediterranean Moments Card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would love to be your demonstrator.
- Shop my Online store 24/7
- by phone 306-764-0337
- E-Mail Me or in person
- Earn FREE stamps with Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
- March Host Code VD792MGN – details here
– Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the perks and benefits of my Corgi Loyalty Rewards here.
Choose a FREE Item with each $60. order (before S&T) during Sale-a-bration – ends March 31, 2017
Click to view the online brochure
Click to view the online Brochure
Join my Canadian Nation Wide Happy Stampers Team – We welcome you from Anywhere in Canada
During Sale-a-bration you receive – 3 weeks left to take advantage of this deal
- $165.00 of products of your choice for $135. (excludes Host sets and Sale-a-bration sets)
- TWO FREE Additional Stamp Sets (any price)
- A Free Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping on your entire order
CLICK HERE for the details
Sign in/Sign up today for access to all 53 of my Classes for one low monthly fee.