Hi stamping friends, it’s time for another round of Stamping Techniques 101 so today I’m sharing a New Video – Falling Flowers and the Thumping Technique.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- The Thumping Technique is very cool and very easy and provides one of a kind results.
- You start with your stamp face up – and inking the entire stamp with a light colour.
- Holding your marker loosely, start to thump (or drum), all over the stamp – Pretend you’re in a rock n roll band, haha
- Move the stamp around so you get the thumping from all directions
- Pick a couple of complimentary colours of markers and start with the lightest working your way to the darkest so you don’t contaminate the marker.
- When you’re done, Huff on the stamp with your breath to moisten all the ink again, and stamp your image.
For my first card, I did the thumping technique on the flourish background only:
Couple of Sneak Peeks in this picture for you too:
- The flower – watercoloured with the New Berry Bliss Incolour
- The base stamping on the flourish is the NEW Lemon Lime Twist In Colour
- The Old Olive ribbon across the card is the New Mini Chevron Ribbon (so soft and subtle – you are going to LOVE it).
- AND – DRUM ROLL PLEASE (seeing as we are drumming) – WELCOME BACK GLOSSY WHITE CARDSTOCK – I am over the moon over this as it’s so fun to do ink techniques with the Glossy White Cardstock….
For the Second New Video – Falling Flowers and the Thumping Technique Card:
I also did the thumping on the flower. I first inked it in the New Powder Pink, and then thumped with Berry Bliss and Fresh Fig. I stamped it on a piece of Pink Pirouette.
The sentiment is from the All Things Thanks stamp Set.
Here is the video for you. If you are reading this in an e-mail you may need to click here to visit my blog to view the video, or SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel.
Until May 31st the Falling Flowers Stamps and May Flowers Framelits are available as a bundle to save you 10%. While both are moving through to the new Catalogue June 1st – they will no longer be bundled.
Order now and save 10%
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
- Card Base: Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Mat – Pink Pirouette 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: Glossy White card stock (available June 1st) – 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Flower: Pink Pirouette or watercolour paper 2-1/2 square
Please note as I am a Canadian Demonstrator, I can only accept and ship orders within Canada
Thanks so much for visiting me today
- Add the host code to your orders to earn Free Stamps, handmade cards and thank you gifts – details here
- Shop my Online store 24/7
- by phone 306-764-0337
- E-Mail Me or in person
- Earn FREE stamps with Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the benefits of my Corgi Loyalty Rewards here.
More ways to SAVE:
- Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES
- Shop for up to 50% off on the Retiring Products Sale
- Earn Stampin Rewards – orders over $200 automatically receive $20+ stampin rewards used to order free products
- The Best Deal of All – the $135. Starter Kit
- If you have more than $135.00 on your wish list. Get $165.00 of product for $135.00, Free Shipping and Get in on the Current Demonstrator Preorder FUN
- Join now
PROMOTIONS AND ORDERING SPECIALS
- Free Ordering Tutorials with orders- ends May 31st
- View the – Occasions Catalogue here – ends May 31st
- View the Annual Catalog Online – ends May 31st
- Realize the benefits of becoming one of my Preferred Customers – click here
- Treat yourself to a Paper Pumpkin Kit here