Hi stampers, my share today is a New watercolor lifting technique – or my take on it, haha….I saw it first over at Splitcoast Stampers on Aug 3, it was their technique for the week and I decided to play with it for this weeks Stamping and Blogging Technique Challenge:
and of course I had to take another run at the Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set, that is available for August only while supplies last. I just can’t believe how versatile this stamp set is. – stamp details here:
So, today, I made a Christmas card with it – super fast and easy with a BIG pop of color:
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks:
- I cut a piece of watercolor paper 2 x 4
- Pick 3 Stampin Write Markers that go well together, I am using Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay.
- Starting at the top, color back and forth 1/3 the way down the paper with the dark marker, the next 3rd with the medium marker and the last 3rd with the light marker.
- Use your Aqua Painter to blend the color and hopefully remove the lines. TIP – the really dark colors like Night of Navy take some extra work to get those lines out of there.
- When the piece is dry, overstamp with the tree from Thoughtful Branches, and then the leaves. I used Dapper Denim Ink for this step.
- Again when the ink is dry, use VersaMark Ink to stamp the star and Bird. Cover with Gold Embossing Powder, shake off the excess and heat set.
- Use Fast Fuse Adhesive to attach the art piece to the Gold Foil Mat and then to the card base.
- The card front is also embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder for a pretty “snowy” background – Not that I really want to think about snow in August, but hey, I have my Christmas cards started haha..
Sign In/Sign Up to Stamping and Blogging to view today’s video and tutorial. If you are not already a member, you will need to set up your account before you can view the website.
Heather also created a card with this technique today – check it out here on her blog:
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you need a Canadian Stampin Up Demonstrator, I would welcome the opportunity to earn your business.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me
add the August Host Code to your order to earn a free gift – Details here:
August 2 through 31st you can order this amazing Bundle – details here:
Then visit my Thoughtful Branches Pinterest Page for over 300 awesome Card ideas:
Do you live in Canada? and need a Stampin Up Demonstrator? – then sign up for my Customer Newsletter. You will find it over on the right side of my blog. Once a week I’ll send it out with all the latest updates – customer specials – AND a Newsletter exclusive PDF Download of a fun stamping project:
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want over 2,ooo card ideas for the New Stampin Up Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
The August Jar of Love Online Stamping Class has been loaded
How can you get your hands on this class?
- Place a $50. or higher order through my online store (Canadian orders only please) and I’ll send you the class as a thank you for being a customer.
- Join my Happy Stamping Team – My team gets free access to Stamping and Blogging and we would love to have you join us.
- Sign in/Sign up as a member of Stamping and Blogging and you will have access to ALL 43 Classes (and over 500 videos) for one low monthly fee.
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.
Product List for today’s New Watercolor Lifting Technique Card: