Sometimes it’s fun to use a stamp set for a different occasion than it’s originally intended purpose – like today’s share – Owl Always Love you with Cozy Critters.
Cozy Critters is one of the Host Stamp Sets from the Holiday Catalogue, intended to create Christmas Cards….BUT it’s also perfect for a Valentine’s card too.
To obtain this stamp set a $200. or higher order is required as it can only be purchased with Host Dollars, and it retires Jan 3/2017.
Note, I completed the card with the owls stamped on white and then decided to stamp them on Crumb Cake, so the tutorial pictures below all show the owls on white. Sorry about that, but hey, I changed my mind, haha…
and a thank you to the Penny Black artists for the inspiration for this card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the owls in Early Espresso ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then punch them out with the Owl Builder Punch
- Stamp them again in Bermuda Bay and Real Red and cut out the scarves.
- Not shown, stamp the eyes in black on White cardstock and cut them out as well.
- Punch a 1-1/4″ circle from a scrap of cardstock and use it to mask off a “moon”. Sponge Crumb Cake Ink on the top portion and Soft Sky on the bottom
- Add Smoky Slate Ink to the raised side of the Woodland Embossing Folder before adding a piece of Whisper White cardstock and running it through the Big Shot.
- Use a craft knife to cut out a couple of the trees, add some black ink to the “dashes”, and around the outside edge of the trees.
- Stamp the branch in black ink and then attach the trees. Trim them to fit.
- Add the owls; the little boy first so you can overlay the little girl slightly.
- Use the Confetti Hearts Border Punch and a scrap of Real Red to make some hearts to add
- Stamp the sentiment from Timeless Love stamp set.
- Mat to a piece of Crumb Cake and then to a Thick Whisper White card base.
Click here to view the other cards I have made with this stamp set:
Product List for today’s Owl Always Love you with Cozy Critters card: Click on the images to ship in my online store.
– Place your Canadian Stampin’ Up! orders through my online store 24/7
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the perks and benefits of being one of my Corgi Club customers here.
Love to receive Free Products? – If you live in Canada, sign up for my monthly newsletter here to receive my latest host code and bonus gift offer with purchase.
Stampin with Sandi – Online Ordering Bonus – Free pack of Stampin’ Up! Envelopes:
40 pack of Whisper White Envelopes
Ends December 30th. Exclusive offer through Stampin with Sandi only.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Owl Always Love you with Cozy Critters Card: simply click on the “shop with me” button above, I would love to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe below.
More ways to SAVE:
- 100s of Products on sale – view the Year End Closeout Event here:
- Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES
- Earn Stampin Rewards – orders over $200 automatically receive $15+ additional free bonus
- The Best Deal of All – the $135. Starter Kit
- Get $30. of free product and FREE SHIPPING – if you have more than $135.00 on your wish list. Get $165.00 of product for $135.00 and FREE shipping – Plus discounts on all your future orders – click here for details
- Join now – just in time to fill your starter kit with NEW Spring Occasions Catalogue products. Demonstrator Pre-order started Dec 1 – over a month before customers – join so you can order too.
PROMOTIONS, CLUBS, CLASSES AND ORDERING SPECIALS
- Free Ordering Tutorials – ends Dec 30
- View the Holiday Catalogue Online
- Online Technique Host Club – Get a new technique each month (with kit).
- View the Annual Catalog Online
- Come and Stamp with Me – In studio classes
- Realize the benefits of becoming one of my Preferred Customers – click here
- Treat yourself to a Paper Pumpkin Kit here
- over 2,800 card ideas for the Annual Catalog
- over 1,700 ideas for the Holiday Catalog
- NEW – Occasions Catalogue Pin Board
- Visit my Stampin Up Pinterest Boards
and over at Stamping and Blogging yesterday:
and a new video on how to create these cute gift boxes – Long and Thin, perfect for stocking stuffers, hostess gifts or teacher gifts.
Sign in/Sign up today to view our new content.
Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 – Crumb Cake Mat 3-1/8 x 5-1/8
Art Pieces: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
Scraps of Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Real Red for the owl pieces.