Yesterday I finally finished the third of the Quilt Builder Cards I wanted to share with you. I have to say you spend as much time auditioning designer paper for paper quilts as you do material for real quilts haha, and I have a stack now to cut but here are the first three to share with you.
And can I just say from Get go – you make as big a mess creating quilts with paper as you do with fabric…..I should have taken a picture of my worktable by the end of the third card – my goodness haha.
This is my favourite of the three, I love the black in the background and how it makes the colours pop. I literally scrounged through all of my designer papers looking for small prints that would work on these quilts, but plain card stock also works.
I have gone with non-traditional Christmas colours because I was making birthday and sympathy cards too, so again, this is another bundle that can work for you all year long.
This card is created with the Pick a Pattern, Whole Lot of Lovely and Delightful Daisy Designer Paper.
For this card, I used Stampin Up card stock and then I embossed it with the Quilt Top Textured Embossing Folder to give it the “stitched” look.
The Third card uses the Naturally Eclectic, Delightful Daisy and Petal Garden Designer Papers. I “stitched” the background piece this time as there was plenty of “business” already going on in the quilt portion. The Little Holly leaves around the sentiment are also dies in this set.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Quilt Builder Cards:
You will need a 3 x 3″ piece of each designer paper or card stock to create the center panels of the quilt.
You need a minimum 3-1/4″ piece of card stock to die cut the inside frame, then the outside square die trims it down to size for you.
Glue the frame piece onto a background piece cut 2-3/4″ to provide a base to glue the pieces to. In most cases, this is designer paper and I let this show through around the outside of the frame, leaving only the angled center pieces that need to be added.
Each time you cut the designer paper, you get all 8 of the center pieces as well as the border pieces, so save them, because you only use 4 in each quilt, so you can get two quilts out of each set of cuttings. Stampin Up Embellishment containers work great for this. Like in quilting, I know I will start breaking this down into colours soon, haha…
There is a complete suite of Stampin Up Products to quilt with on pages 4 and 5 of the Holiday Catalogue. For today, I didn’t use the coordinating stamp set, but I will, haha. Ordering them together as a Bundle #146026 will save you 10%
I shared another card created with these dies a bit ago – you can view the details here:
For the Quilt Builder Cards:
- Card Base: 4-1/4 x 11
- Mat: 4 x 5-1/4
- Card front: 3-3/4 x 5
- Quilt pieces 3 x 3 squares, base to build square on 2-3/4″ square and piece to die cut the outline 3-1/4.
For the Quilt Builder Cards:
Do you need the supplies to create this card? if so, simply click the image to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! On-line Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.
Add the host code to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. CLICK HERE to view my 2017 Holiday Catalogue PIN BOARD for more great ideas. You can save these pictures to your boards too by clicking the PIN button in the top right corner. If you are reading this in an e-mail, you will need to visit my blog to pin
- Click here for info on the NEW Stampin’ Blend – Stampin’ Up’s Alcohol Markers
- Earn FREE stamps with my Customer Loyalty Program – Corgi Rewards
- Place a $50.00 or higher order (with host code) and earn the Stampin’ Blends Online Stamping Class
- Place a $75.00 or higher order (with host code) and earn Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals
- Place a $100. or higher order (with host code) and earn a package of Metallic Enamel Shapes
- Orders over $150 – should consider purchasing the Demo Kit – Best deal going (and free shipping) – click here for details:
- Place a $200. or higher order, please DO NOT use the host code – you earn the Stampin Rewards – plus you receive all of the above for FREE.
- be one of 25,700 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,000+ pins to date
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,564 pins
A new class around the Stampin Blends –
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.