My share today is created with the Stampin Up Bike Ride bundle found on page 20 of the Annual Catalogue.
The backgrounds for the cards are created with the NEW Stampin’ Up! Embossing Paste, which is our technique challenge for this month on Stamping Techniques 101 – International Blog Hop.
I was having so much fun with this new Bike Ride Bundle that I created two cards to share today. The stamp set boasts 24 stamps, add to that the 15 coordinating dies and you have hours of creative fun. Believe me, I have been playing with all these little pieces for two days now, haha…so you know I’ll be back with more cards with this bundle soon.
Let’s Break it down: Stampin Up Bike Ride – Card #1
- I used the Embossing Paste, Palette Knives and Pattern Party Decorate Masks to add the clouds to my card front. (don’t forget to clean these products as soon as you are done, this stuff sticks like glue).
- Next, I stamped all my pieces onto a half sheet of Whisper White, colored and cut them out before laying them onto my card.
- Stamp the bike in Bermuda Bay – it really pops off the page.
- The little Doggy is colored in Crumb Cake and his bandanna is Old Olive and Wild Wasabi.
- The wire rack the doggy is sitting on is a die cut with a little scrap of basic black.
- The balloon is from Birthday Banners, stamped in Berry Burst and then punched out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- The sentiment is from the Soft Sayings Card Kit, is white embossed onto a piece of Basic Black and trimmed.
- The shadow under the bike is created with the gray pencil from Watercolor Pencils.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White, 4-1/4 x 11, mat, Berry Burst 4 x 5-1/4, card front, Smoky Slate 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Bike and other small pieces: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1 x 3
Stampin Up Bike Ride – Card #2
- I used the Embossing Paste, Palette Knives and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks again for this one.
- There are 3 masks in the set, and I decided the Brick Wall one was perfect for this card as it duplicated the design on my basket.
- I started by sponging Smoky Slate through the mask onto the art piece, for a very faint stenciled background then I used it on the Smoky Slate background with the paste. Doing this on opposite sides of the card pulls the design elements together and helps to really focus your eye on the art piece.
- I stamped the floral image into a small piece of watercolor paper and instead of using the 2 step stamping in the stamp set, I water colored it with the Berry Burst and Old Olive ink pads and my Aqua Painter. When it was dry, I die cut it with the coordinating die.
- The basket is stamped in black onto a piece of Smoky Slate and cut out with the coordinating die.
- This sentiment is also from Soft Sayings Card Kit and again, heat embossed in white on a scrap of black card stock.
- I used Dimensionals to attach the art piece to the main card, and mini dimensional to attach the art elements to the card front.
- I embellished both cards with a sprinkling of Metallics Sequin Assortment.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4, mat, Berry Burst, 4 x 5-1/4, card background, Smoky Slate 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 2-5/8 x 3-5/8, mat, Basic Black 2-3/4 x 3-3/4
- Embellishments: flowers – watercolor paper 1-1/2 x 2, basket – Smoky Slate 1 x 1-1/2
- Sentiment: Scrap of Basic Black, 1 x 3-1/2 trimmed after embossing
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has chosen for our Embossing Paste Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head down under to Australia to my sweet friend Leonie’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
Thanks so much for stopping to visit and if you live in Canada and need Stampin Up Products – I would love to be your demonstrator.
Add the host code to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the benefits of being one of my Stampin with Sandi customers here.
- be one of 24,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,000 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017
- NEW – Tranquil Tulips Board
- New – Lemon Zest Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board
Click to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.