Hi stamping friends, I have a fun share with you today – Stampin Up Honeycomb Happiness – Happy Easter Peeps.
I love Easter, all the pretty spring colors, and the candy displays in the stores with all the adorable Peeps lined up was my inspiration for this card!
Personal Note: I just received an e-mail asking for a surgery update and it dawned on me, that not all of my stamping friends, are friends on facebook, where I have been sharing my updates – so sorry about that: Here you go: I had my surgery two Thursdays ago, got the first set of staples out of my skin graph last Thursday and get the inside ones taken out tomorrow. Everything is healing really nicely, unfortunately, the spot in my head is a 5 inch circle, so hats and wigs from now on, (the hair will not grow back) they took nodes from my left side, so I have another incision from my ear down my neck, and the skin graph (for my head) came off my right leg, so I kind of look like the “walking wounded”, but I’m doing really really well….other than having to wait 5 more weeks for test results, LOL…thanks so much for all your prayers and good wishes….I’m recovering very well, and back to stamping and Blogging!…yeah!….stamping is such an amazing distraction!….
That adorable little bird is from the Stampin Up Sale-abration Stamp Set – Honeycomb Happiness:
You can chose this stamp set as your free item with a $60. (canadian) purchase during Sale-a-bration, but you must hurry, as Sale-a-bration ends in 9 short days.
These adorable little guys are coloured with something new I have been playing with. I purchased these Zig Clean Color real brush watercolor pens just before my surgery.
I figured if I could sit in my chair and colour, I would behave and get the rest the doctor told me too, haha (I’m not very good at doing what I’m told! – ask my dad!), LOL. These pens are amazing, so easy to use, the watercolor blends beautifully, and I love the bright intense colours – perfect for “peeps” don’t you think!…
I bought mine on Amazon, which I know you can do in Canada and the USA, they are shipped from China, but they arrive quickly. I also picked up some other single pens of some of the new colours from Scrapbook.com and they were also awesome to deal with, their international shipping is very quick. They also have some great samples on their site, and videos on how to use the pens (click on their name the link will take you there).
So a couple of things about this card:
- – the Happy Easter sentiment is white embossed on black card stock and the stamp is from “Easter Lamb” in the Stampin Up Occasions Catalog.
- To create the “Peeps” logo similar to the real one, I punched an oval out of Daffodil Delight and cut the letters from Tempting Turquoise card stock with the Little Letters Thinlits
- All the “Peeps” were stamped in Stazon On Black onto 90 pound cold pressed water colour paper – coloured with the markers and cut out.
- This card is actually 5 x 7, – recipe is at the end of the post for you…and the background is Whisper White card stock embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.
Weekly Deals – New Yesterday – receive 25% off these Stampin Up Products: While Supplies Last:
- JUST ANNOUNCED: – Stampin Up Weekly Specials end
- Sale – Paper Pumpkin subscriptions on sale – earn a FREE stamp set
- Clearance Rack Sale – add these Stampin Up products to your order at greatly reduced prices
- Stampin Up Sale-a bration is here – Earn FREE stamps with your orders
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube
And Over at Stamping and Blogging
The March Rose Wonder Class is finished, the technique for March was the Floating Reinker Technique and I added a few colors to it, we did one where we also combined the Faux Cloisonne technique, and generally just had a ball with the technique – Always my most favorite Technique to play with!…
For February – Balloon Celebration Online Class. You will want to check out these beautiful, colourful and easy to create cards.
and if flowers are your thing – we have another NEW Class for you:
All THREE Classes are now available in the Video Library, with full color PDF (downloadable) files for back up – along with the other 38 Classes we already have in there – that’s a pretty good deal!…come on over and join in the stamping fun!
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: MARCH – PAUYHESV – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: I have listed the supplies and the measurements for this Stampin Up Honeycomb Happiness – Happy Easter Peeps card below and I would be most happy to be your demonstrator. Simply click the “shop with me” button below to get to my Online Store, or EMAIL ME if you would like me to place your order for you.
Card Base: Tempting Turquoise, 7 x 10, score and fold at 5-1/2 Whisper White, 4-3/4 x 6-3/4
Peeps: 90 Pound water colour paper, 3 x 8
Sentiment: Scrap of Basic Black for the Happy Easter, and scraps of Tempting Turnquoise and Daffodil Delight for the “Peeps” logo.
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Honeycomb Happiness – Happy Easter Peeps card