Hi stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Merry Mice stamp set for the Stamping Techniques 101 blog hop.
This week the challenge is to create a simple card using the Aqua Painter and Ink pad lids so here is my go at it:
These little mice are from the Merry Mice Stamp Set found on page 23 of the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. 3 great images and 3 sentiments in one stamp set whoo hoo.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the image with StazOn Black onto a piece of watercolour paper
- Squeeze the center of the ink pads together to transfer some ink to the lid, then open them part way so the lid is exposed.
- Use the Aqua painter to pick up some of the ink and paint your image.
TIP – don’t paint right beside something that is still wet or the ink will run.
To change colors, simply wipe the tip of your aqua painter on a paper towel until it runs clean
- paint in layers, the first layer will be light, you can go back over it a second time to add more ink.
- When the picture is completely dry, use a light gray or brown to add a little shadow under the mice
- When you are finished colouring, die cut the art piece with the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Use the Crumb Cake card stock to die cut a mat one framelit larger than the art piece.
- Before you attach the art piece, use the StazOn Black to stamp stars on the card base from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.
- Create a bow with the Gold Baker’s Twine and attach on the left side of the art piece.
This is a super fun and relaxing technique hope you will give it a go!
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has created for our Aqua Painter Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands – not playing this week
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
Sonia Benedetti – France
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Merry Mice Card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would welcome the opportunity to earn your business.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me and add the September Host Code to your order to earn a free gift – details Here
Do you live in Canada? and need a Stampin Up Demonstrator? – then sign up for my Customer Newsletter. You will find it over on the right side of my blog. Once every couple of weeks I’ll send it out with all the latest updates – customer specials – AND a Newsletter exclusive PDF Download of a fun stamping project:
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want over 2,500 card ideas for the New Stampin Up Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
Card Base: Island Indigo 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 – score and fold at 4-1/4
Mat: Crumb Cake 3 1/2 x x 5
Art Piece: Watercolor paper 3 x 4-1/2
Product List for the Stampin Up Merry Mice card: