Hi stamping friends, I have a new share for you today the Stampin Up Christmas Quilt Poinsettia card. I love poinsettias at Christmas (especially the pink and white ones) so yesterday I figured out how to make a Stampin Up Poinsettia.
In the last post I shared, I had been creating with the Christmas Quilt Bundle on pages 5-6 of the Holiday Catalogue. There is a lovely suite of products there in the traditional holiday colours, well as you know – I’m far from traditional haha, so here’s a black and white Christmas card, with gold highlights of course.
We will get back to quilting for the next post, but for today I wanted to share how easy it is to create these pretty flowers and of course I included the Pretty Pines Thinlits to create my background foliage.
The main part of the flower is cut from Gold Foil Sheet and the petals are an overlay cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
Here is a little step-by-step picture for you – I find they often help don’t you? It’s super easy and only takes a minute.
Then add them as the center of attraction to your card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Christmas Quilt Poinsettia Card:
- Gold emboss the sentiment at the bottom of the black panel
- Use the Corner Rounder punch at the top of the envelope punch board to round the bottom two corners
- Run a strip of the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape Across the top
- Cut ad add the white pine boughs, I cut 3 small and 3 medium
- Cut the leafy branches and the sticks from Gold Foil Sheet
- Use Multipurpose glue to attach everything to the card front
- Use Dimensionals to attach the Poinsettia
- and – the gold faceted gems are the perfect flower center!
For the Stampin Up Christmas Quilt Poinsettia card:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Front Panel: Basic Black 3 x 5-1/4
- Pine Boughs: Whisper White 4 x 6
- Gold Branches: Gold Foil Sheet 2 x 5
- Flowers: (for 2) Gold Foil Sheet 2-1/4 x 4, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper 2 x 4
For the Stampin Up Christmas Quilt Poinsettia Card:
Do you need the supplies to create this card? if so, simply click the image to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.
Add the host code to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, I would love to hear from you – you can leave comments here:
- Click here for info on the NEW Stampin’ Blend – Stampin’ Up’s Alcohol Markers
- Earn FREE stamps with my Customer Loyalty Program – Corgi Rewards
- Place a $50.00 or higher order (with host code) and earn the Stampin’ Blends Online Stamping Class
- Place a $75.00 or higher order (with host code) and earn Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals
- Place a $100. or higher order (with host code) and earn a package of Metallic Enamel Shapes
- Orders over $150 – should consider purchasing the Demo Kit – Best deal going (and free shipping) – click here for details:
- Place a $200. or higher order, please DO NOT use the host code – you earn the Stampin Rewards – plus you receive all of the above for FREE.
Starts Tomorrow – I’ll post a new list with clickable links for you at midnight tonight.
- be one of 25,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,000+ pins to date
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,564 pins
A new class around the Stampin Blends –
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.