Hi Stampers, today’s share is created with the Stampin Up Helping Me Grow Stamp Set from the new Stampin Up Occasions Catalog going live on Jan 5th.
And as it’s Thursday, it’s blog hop day as well and our challenge this week is a color challenge:
This color challenge had me perplexed until I picked up the “Stampin Up Helping Me Grow” stamp set. With it’s beautiful flowers and sentiments, and my love of anything vintage or distressed…..
I had a little creative fun with it…
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I stamped the flowers onto watercolor paper with StazOn Black Ink.
- I colored them with my aqua painter and the ink pad lids of all three colors, then I cheated and added Hello Honey and Delightful Dijon to the centers (shh don’t tell).
- For the background I stamped the image on a piece of Crumb Cake before placing it inside my Brick Wall Embossing Folder and running it through the Big Shot.
- I tore the edge and added a little stamping before sponging the entire piece with more Soft Suede.
- I cut and stamped the Real Red Mat before sponging it as well and then mounted it onto a card base of Soft Suede.
- I cut out the flowers and added them with Dimensionals to pop them up a little.
- I stamped the sentiment and the label with the StazOn Black onto a scrap of Blushing Bride, cut it out and layered it with Dimensionals as well over a small scrap of the Venetian Crochet Trim I added.
What I truly love about this stamp set, is I did not have to get another; the label, a wonderful selection of sentiments and two amazing flower clusters are all in one set……ok, you know the next card is going to be purple right? can you see those little guys hanging out in the corner? I would HIGHLY recommend this stamp set on your next shopping list!
- Card Base: Soft Suede 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Mat, Real Red 4 x 5-1/4,
- Card Front: Crumb Cake 3-7/8 x 5-1/4
- Label: Blushing Bride, a scrap about 2 x 3
- Flowers: Watercolor paper 90 lb cold pressed.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s color challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Helping Me Grow Card:
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today. If you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Helping Me Grow Sneak Peek card; I would love to be your demonstrator. Simply click the “shop with me” button below to get to my Online Store, or EMAIL ME if you would like me to place your order for you.
Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year and thank you so much for your continued support.
December Hostess Code: CANADA – 4YNXMNBN
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.
Weekly Deals – Canada
Clearance Rack – Canada