Hi stamping friends my share today is created with the Stampin’ Up! Sweet Hauntings for this week’s Happy Stampers Blog Hop
This week our Happy Stampers Team have a color challenge to entice us!
Rich vibrant colors, reminiscent of a sunny fall day – or NOT!
How about if we BREW something else up a little more in keeping with the end of the month – All Hallows Eve!
“Eye of Newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting, Lizard’s leg, and howlet’s wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and Bubble” – Shakespeare – MacBeth
perhaps some of the ingredients we brewed up in these little pretties……..
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- The bottles are stamped in Archival Basic Black onto watercolor paper and painted with the aqua painter and the ink pad lids, soft suede, rich razzleberry and Old Olive
- I added a little brown down the left side of each image to create the shadow.
- Cut them out
- The “wall” is created by embossing a piece of Very Vanilla with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder then adding a light layer of sponged Soft Suede to highlight.
- The Happy Scenes Stamp Set provided the little web and fuzzy friend in the top right corner, this piece was layered to Basic Black and then to Rich Razzleberry for the card base, completing the backdrop for our little display.
- A little piece (2-1/4 x 3) – of the Happy Hauntings Designer Paper was used as the back view of the “hearth and home” window cut out, I then overlaid my little concoctions raised with Glue Dots and Dimensionals, before added the window with Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is white embossed onto a scrap of black card stock.
PLEASE NOTE: I am no longer recommending Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper. They have changed providers and the quality is not what I want to work with. I have been using my 40% off coupon at Michaels and Buying the Canson 90 lb Cold Press paper – click here to view: It’s Acid free and just lovely to work with.
Let’s go and visit the rest of my amazingly talented team and see what they came up with for the Color Challenge this week:
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Products used to create the Stampin’ Up Sweet Hauntings Card:
Card base: Rich Razzleberry 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4, Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Art Piece: Happy Hauntings DSP (designer series paper), 2-1/4 x 3, Basic Black 3-1/2 x 4, water color paper 3 x 3-1/2
Sentiment: Basic Black 1- x 3-1/2
Here is the inside of the card for you too…..I was having a blast painting those little bottles….
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today, I hope you enjoyed my share and if you need products to create this Stampin’ Up Sweet Hauntings Card – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” button below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.
October Hostess Code: USA – VQA3XCB2
October Hostess Code: CANADA – EBCYP3PN
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.