Hi stamping friends, happy weekend to you: My share today is created with the Stampin Up Tin of Tags Christmas Card and this week the technique is how to create a stencil to help embellish your cards, hopefully with some products you already have.
The Tin of Tags Stamp Set is in the Holiday Catalog on page 33, and I was first attracted to it by the beautiful snowflake stamp and then to all the amazing sentiments in the set. The Tin of Tags Project Kit is also very awesome, with beautiful watercolor backgrounds already created for you, all you do is stamp, embellish and then tuck your finished projects into the beautiful keepsake box.
And – you have this beautifully designed Stamp Set to create further Christmas Cards and Holiday projects with:
So, here are a couple of Christmas Card ideas for you:
The technique for today over at Stamping and Blogging is “creating your own stencils”. For today’s project, I used the Layering Circles Framelits and my Circle Punches to create a stencil so I could sponge some background colour behind my stamped snowflakes.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Create your stencil
- Use Sponge Daubers to add your images onto your art piece.
- Over-stamp with the Snowflake and star stamps from the set
- Add your sentiment – I like black ink for this step so it really stands out.
- Attach your art piece to the mat and then to the card base.
- Embellish with Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Yeah – another FLAT Christmas Card done…..
and I gave you an alternate way of creating the sentiment if you like them popped up. Stamp on a small scrap of Whisper White, cut it out with the Layering Circles Framelits and then cut one a bit bigger from Pool Party card stock. Attach to the card with Dimensionals.
Now don’t you just love when your stampin supplies have duo purposes? I sure do.
Don’t forget to pop over and check out Heather’s card for today’s technique – CLICK HERE to visit her blog:
If you are a member of Stamping and Blogging, the video and tutorial will be loaded today for you for these fun and easy cards.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Tin of Tags Christmas Card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would welcome the opportunity to earn your business.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me and add the September Host Code to your order to earn a free gift – details Here
Do you live in Canada? and need a Stampin Up Demonstrator? – then sign up for my Customer Newsletter. You will find it over on the right side of my blog. Once every couple of weeks I’ll send it out with all the latest updates – customer specials – AND a Newsletter exclusive PDF Download of a fun stamping project:
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want over 2,500 card ideas for the New Stampin Up Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
How about over 700 Ideas for the 2016 – 2017 Holiday Catalog – click here for my Pinterest Board.
and over at Stamping and Blogging today: We have started loading our 46th Online Stamping Class created with the Foxy Friends Bundle:
Card #2 is a beautiful Shadow Box card and Card #3 is a fun – 10 minute or Less Pretty Kitty card.
How can you get your hands on this class?
- Place a $50. or higher order through my online store (Canadian orders only please) and I’ll send you the class as a thank you for being a customer.
- Join my Happy Stamping Team – My team gets free access to Stamping and Blogging and we would love to have you join us.
- Sign in/Sign up as a member of Stamping and Blogging and you will have access to ALL 45 Classes (and over 500 videos) for one low monthly fee.
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Popped Up Sentiment: Whisper White 2-1/2 square and Pool Party 2-3/4 Square.
Product List for the Stampin Up Tin of Cards Christmas Card: