Hi stamping friends my share today is Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card.
I decided to try a new sketch and colour challenge for todays card:
But First – A Little Ordering Bonus Announced in my Newsletter last week
I make a LOT OF CARDS – and the bins are overflowing. I would LOVE to share them with you – so along with all the ordering specials already available through me – for the rest of the month – each $50. order will receive 5 completed hand made cards.
See the rest of my ordering Specials and Customer Appreciation Specials here
And Stampin Up Specials in July at the end of this post.
And if you are not subscribed to my Newsletter to receive these bi-weekly Updates – you can subscribe here
Back to Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card:
The My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge for this week:
And the My Favorite Things Color Challenge for this week:
Of course, I don’t have their colors, so my Stampin Up Versions for this challenge is here:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card:
- Use the Powder Pink Ink and First Generation stamping technique to add the written background using the background Bits Stamp Set (also a Host Set).
- Also using Powder Pink Ink, stamp the large tulip in the center and small ones on either side.
- On the smaller piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp the second layer of all three tulips and cut out.
- Add the stems and leaves using the Tranquil Tide Ink.
- Layer the card front to the mat and then to the card base.
- For the side element, slice off a large corner from a piece of Powder Pink card stock. Lay it on the left side of the card and mark it with a pencil for trimming.
- Trim it down to fit on the side of the card, lining up with the black mat.
- Adhere it to a scrap of Basic Black card stock and trim the right side with the point so that 1/8″ of black is showing, trim the other 3 sides flush.
- Run a strip of the skinny “Pick A Pattern Washi Tape down the left side.
- Use the Black Stampin-n-write Marker to add dashes to make it appear stitched and then use Multipurpose Glue to attach it to the left side of the card. TIP – using this glue will give you a couple of seconds to position this piece just right.
- Add a torn strip of the white/with black dots washi tape over the leaves near the bottom of the card.
- Cut the word “hugs” twice, once in pink and once in black.
- Use the Multipurpose glue to attach them, offsetting them just a bit from the left so the black shows as a shadow.
- Attach the “hugs” to the card front with Dimensionals to add a 3-d effect to the card.
- Separate a few of the Black Mini Sequin Trim and use the glue to attach them to the card up around the tulips.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the second layer of the tulips.
Whew, that seemed like an awful lot of steps, but it’s great fun to create this card.
Click to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.
** A Note about the stamp sets – Both – are Host Sets which can only be purchased with Host Dollars you earn when your order reaches $200. – or – if you subscribe to my newsletter – you know that placing a $50. order through me this month, gets your name into the draw to win the Tranquil Tulips Set.
Add the host code to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the benefits of being one of my Stampin with Sandi customers here.
Sign Up Special – July 1 – 31st – Receive an additional $94.00 in free product when you sign up in July full details here:
Bonus Days are Back:
Earn Bonus $ on all your qualifying orders in July to spend in August – details here.