Hi stampers, my share today is the Watercolor Wash Technique with Touches of Texture.
The Watercolor Wash Technique is our Challenge technique today over at StampingandBlogging.com and it’s a quick (and easy) way to make a beautiful background for your cards.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
Watercolor Wash Technique –
- The technique works best on watercolor paper and I use my Aqua Painter and Ink pad lids for the technique. You can also use a few drops of watered down reinker.
- wet the paper first by squeezing your aqua painter until a few drops of water come out.
- Spread it around in the area you want the wash.
- Use your Aqua painter to transfer ink from the ink pad lids to the wet watercolor paper.
TIP – if the paper is not wet enough you will get a “blob” of ink instead of a wash. If the paper is too wet – it will cause a puddle and will dilute the ink so much you will get very little color.
- And for my card share today, I first white Embossed a couple of images from Touches of Texture so that they would pop up through the wash when it was dry: This is known as the “embossed resist technique”.
- I did the same thing with the dragonfly, embossed him, gave him a “wash” and then cut him out and added him with Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is white embossed on a scrap of black card stock. The stamp set is Thoughtful Banners.
- I used a snip of Burlap Ribbon overlapped with Linen Thread for my textures.
The Touches of Texture stamp set from Stampin Up has many images that lend themselves perfectly to these combined techniques. You could also stamp the single flower and complete the two step stamping after you completed the watercolor wash: that would be quite striking as well.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Watercolor Wash Technique with Touches of Texture card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
add the July Host Code to your order to earn a free gift – Details here:
AND – for every $60. you spend in July – receive a $6.00 Coupon to spend in August – details here:
Sign in/Sign up to Stampingandblogging.com to view today’s video and download the PDF Tutorial for this card:
Product List for the Watercolor Wash Technique with Touches of Texture Card: