Hello stamping friends and welcome back to my card making and paper crafting blog. Happy Monday – if there is such a thing! haha. My share today is Big On Birthdays Snowflake Card.
We have quite a few friends with winter birthdays, many of them male so I thought I would combine those ideas for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.
The sketch for this week is this fun square little guy and I absolutely LOVE making square cards – but they also require extra postage. I designed this one to fit into one of our standard Stampin Up envelopes and I share the measurements at the end of this post for you.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks: for the Big on Birthdays Snowflake Card
Start by embossing the Pool Party piece with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. The Winter Wonder (Big Snowflake) embossing folder on page 37 of the Holiday Catalogue would also work here too.
I picked some non Christmas colours for my snowflakes, White, Lemon Lime Twist and Elegant Eggplant and used the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die cut them out.
After attaching them to my card with the multipurpose glue, I embellished the center of each with a Rhinestone.
Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Lemon Lime Twist, trimmed it to fit and attached it with glue dots.
For the Big On Birthdays Snowflake Card:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front: Pool Party 4 x 4 – measure along the bottom and up the left side and mark at 2-1/2″, to cut off the bottom left corner.
- Basic Black 2-3/4 square
- Snowflakes: Whisper White 2 x 3-1/2, Elegant Eggplant 2 x 2 and Lemon Lime Twist, 1-1/2 square.
- Sentiment: Lemon Lime Twist 1/2 x 3
A note on mailing. Cut a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of scrap card stock and place in the Standard Stampin’ Up! envelope with this card – it should go through the mail with no problem. (square envelopes cost more to post)
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, I hope you enjoyed the project and I love hearing from you, you can leave me a comment here
- be one of 25,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 914 pins to date
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,464 pins