I was having a little artful fun yesterday with the new Stampin Up Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts Stamp Set.
Do you love to colour? If so, this is just one of many new sets in the catalogue that will flex your creativity and have you colouring into the wee hours!
Sweet sentiments and artful imagery give this set a “Paris” feel . I think of sitting on a park bench in the sun, watching people go by, ha-ha, ok, at a cafe with a glass of wine is more like it.
I dug out my trusty watercolor pencils for this little number, Gray, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Melon Mambo.
Now did you just run and look at your set and figure out that you don’t have a Lemon Lime Twist pencil? You didn’t lose it, it’s not in the set. But there is something new in the catalogue where you can get it:
The Lots of Happy Card Kit on page 15. It comes with 4 pencils and there are actually 2 NEW COLORS for you, Lemon Lime Twist and Flirty Flamingo – whoo hoo! I am about half way through colouring my images from this kit, it’s AMAZING – You need it. Stay tuned, i hope to get some pics posted for you next week.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts Card:
- I stamped the imaged with Archival Basic Black (because it’s waterproof), onto a 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper white card stock.
- I heat set it to dry it because it takes FOREVER and I’m not a patient woman, haha…
- Add colour with the watercolor pencils and then use the Aqua painter to blend.
- TIP – don’t color two sections right beside each other, or the colors will run. Let sections dry first before you go back.
- The art piece is mounted to a slighter bigger piece of card stock Vellum. It adds a soft mat – almost like a shadow.
- I love the sturdiness of Thick Whisper White for my card bases and the designer paper over it is from Petal Garden in the Annual catalogue (there is a link below in the products list for you).
Cutting instructions are at the end of the post.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, wishing you Happy Stamping.
Add the HOST CODE to your online orders to earn FREE stamps, classes and more – program details are here.
The perfect time to become a Stampin Up Demonstrator is NOW – click here to check out why
be one of 27,000+ following me on PINTEREST – My Fastest growing New Boards
- NEW – OCCASIONS CATALOGUE Samples
- NEW – Sale-a-bration Brochure Samples
- NEW – Stampin Up Card Ideas – Group Board
for the Stampin Up Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts Card:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 Designer Paper 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: Watercolor paper 2-3/4 x 3-3/4, mat – Vellum card stock 3 x 4
Do you need the supplies to create this card? if so, simply click the image to view the products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store. I can ship orders anywhere in Canada and I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator.